I’m sorry, but no. Just no. It was disrespectful on the US soldiers’ part but it is not the same. Those Muslims they are pissing on were described as “Taliban soldiers”. It was a gun battle.It had NOTHING to do with religion and everything to do with trying to blow each other away.
Now if that Iman was in Iraq or Afstan cleric I could say nice, he’s willing to forgive his enemies. But he’s not, he’s an American praying for a dead American. And chances are the dead guy was a Muslim American soldier.
That moment when your group of friends decide to stay together for a group trip in a hotel that has a known history of bedbug infestations (from 2007 - present) and you don’t want to be the annoying guy who forces the group to cancel and change hotels a month before the trip.
I just hate bedbugs. Yes I’m a big physically imposing guy, but I do not like being eating alive in my sleep and possibly taking the critters home.
And I’m already catching enough flack for saying I’d take a rollout bed/cot over sharing a bed with one of the women in the group. It’s not that I’m gay (and there is a gay guy in group who offered to let me sleep with him), it’s that I don’t like curling up to a stranger I have no interest in.
After being ridiculed by the group for being a puritan, I turned to my female friends who weren’t part of the group. Most of them told me to man up and get laid.
Which is sort of the whole point. We’re supposed to sleep together, not “sleep” together. This isn’t an invitation for free sex from the group’s women. If I’m in a woman’s bed, it isn’t to cuddle up and sleep together as platonic friends. So I just told everyone I’d take the cot.
But I already pledged my money and since I hate going back on my word I guess I’ll have to find the group a new hotel that is cleaner but the same price.
Yes, I know it isn’t a huge problem in life, I just don’t like being the guy who has to speak up and point out the obvious issues of having single men and women sleeping in the same beds for several days and dealing with bedbugs. I know I’m uptight, but come on.
And a friend of mine asked me to compile of list of “awesome things” about summer. Random Cali gal, I know.
So while I’m thinking about those Manila gals, here’s a few.
1. Clothes. Women wear less, and since they do it as a group they seem to be more confident about it. Which is a winning combination. As for us guys, wearing a tshirt, flipflops, and loose shorts doesn’t make us bums - it’s normal!
2. Sweat. As someone who could sweat in the Atlantic ocean while the Titanic went down if a pretty gal smiled at me, I appreciate the greater acceptance of sweating in this season.
3. More fruit and fresh foods. Now I’m not sure if this is truly related to summer, but I seem to eat a more balanced diet.
4. A second New Years when summer is starting. People go on and on about their resolutions but come guys, the grey spring weather isn’t conducive to optimistic thinking. I’ve found that my summer resolutions tend to turn out better (but that might be because it involves a beach).
5. Vacation season and school is out. People stop asking why you aren’t working so much. Which is nice for an unemployed guy such as myself.
Here’s to my friends in Manila, hope you guys are okay. I got messages from two of them before the storm hit but had dozed off instead of replying in time before they lost power.
Extensive research has concluded that this indeed, is the greatest line in animated film history.
What is your Steampunk Name ?
Chief Inspector Neville Knighttopper. Any knights had better watch out.
EARL CYRIL CLANKINGSTONE??
Captain Agatha Worthingbottom
Haha, I actually like this one.
Chief Inspector Victor Rothhold
Don’t hang yourself - do pullups!